- Learn the basics for starters or advanced tailoring and dressmaking skills
- Experienced instructors provide expert guidance
- Fully equipped and purpose designed studio
- Relax in a warm and friendly environment
- Guide your own learning by making what you choose.
- Hundreds of projects available in studio or bring your own to work on.
- Extra materials available to purchase if required
Who is this for?
Adults or teens over 14 from complete beginners to advanced.
Dates and Times
- 12:30- 3pm
- 5th September for 6 weeks or 13 weeks.
- 31st October – 7 weeks
- No classes on Bank Holidays or in October half-term (16th– 28th October 2017)
- 5th September for 6 weeks – £120 (£20/session)
- 5th September for 13 weeks – £195 (£15/session)
- 31st October – 7 weeks – £140 (£20/session)
- Costs exclude materials
What will you learn?
- Basic skills you can learn: threading the machine, how to measure yourself, understanding the glossary for dressmaking patterns: seams, hems & darts, zips & buttonholes; how to copy an easy garment and learn about the right fabric for the each project.
- Advanced skills: invisible zips, bound buttonholes, welt pockets, fitted sleeves & cuffs, ruffles & pleats, draping on the stand, pattern alterations, how to copy a more advanced garment.
What is included?
- Materials are not included, you can bring your own or we have an array of fabrics and trimmings you can purchase at a very reasonable rate (all proceeds go to our bursary scheme for disadvantaged kids.)
Any concessions or offers
- 25% student discount available with proof of student ID.
- Sign up for 2 weekly classes and receive 25% off the lowest price 2nd
- 10% off if your recommendation results in a new student enrolling!
What people Say
“I can’t think of a better place to learn sewing than here. Friendly and great teachers who can cover from complete beginners to advanced dressmaking. The classmates are also very friendly. I have never touched a sewing machine before I started last year, and now I am making clothes & costumes for myself and my son!”
(Yen, student for 2 years)
“I’ve been going to Little Hands for a few years now – I’m part of the furniture there! What I love about it is that I can create whatever I want, it’s the only place I have found that doesn’t dictate what you are making. The teachers know their stuff – they’re extremely knowledgeable & have helped me from potential fashion disasters! I have got several comments from the dresses I have made and love wearing my creations! Little Hands is brilliant! They have loads of materials to choose from including ones from Ted Baker at a very reasonable price. ”
(Hollie – Student for 3 ½ years)